What is Boogie Madness ?
Boogie Madness is a dance camp that occurs twice every year. We invite you to an extraordinary swing event, with unique atmosphere for every true boogie fan!
This edition of the camp is our mountain based promise for intense program, positive emotions and unforgettable memories with wild boogie dancers.
What to expect from the upcoming Boogie Madness 2022: Superhero Edition
Your PASS covers everything for all 4 days and you won’t have to worry about anything – it includes all workshops for your level, all parties, all additional activities, the accommodation + breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and a Boogie Madness t-shirt.
World class trainers
All 14 workshops will be led by top professionals and world champions. There will be 2 levels, with 8 workshops in each.
Memorable parties & contests
Boogie parties every night! Superhero party with dress code, boogie contest, performances and more…
And all this…
Happening right at the great Rila Mountains, where fatigue is just a myth – you can hike all day and dance all night.
All 14 workshops will be led by top professionals and world champions. There will be 2 levels, with 8 workshops in each. You can go only to workshops in your level or lower.
- Thursday start check-in time is 14:00h. and first meal for the day is dinner.
- The exact schedule for the workshops will be given on spot at the registration office.
- Sunday last meal will be lunch and the whole event will finish until 15:00 h.
Meanwhile don’t forget we are in the mountains – you can go hiking or simply enjoy the beautiful nature.
The important part is to not only learn and dance, but also to have fun by whatever means you like and relax.
Don’t forget to pack your costumes this year because there will be Superhero themed party with contest for the best costume!
Intermediate – If you want to attend this class you should already know – triple step, swing out, under arm turn, basic lead and follow, some improvisation, having idea what is musicality and at least one advance leading figure.
You will need to know: what the rhythm in BW is, stretch, tension, rock’n go, advance leading and advance leading figures, many variations of basic figures and moves, working with the center, improvisation and interpretation on fast music, musicality and capability to dance at tempo 40+ without a problem.
Bulgaria is a member of the EU and it is easily accessible from most parts of Europe. If you are coming from outside the EU, you might need a visa in order to enter the country. We advice you to check beforehand.
Traveling options are various – by plane, bus, train or car.
Note that you can also search for some additional flights through Skopje, North Macedonia (non-EU) or Thessaloniki, Greece (EU).
If you travel to Varna, Burgas, Skopje or Thessaloniki – make your way from there to Sofia and further organize the rest of the trip to Borovets by following the tips below.
From Sofia by bus
First, you must reach Sofia SOUTH BUS STATION. From there, every thirty minutes departs a bus or a van to Samokov from sector 1 .The price is approximately 3 euro, and you will be charged in the bus. The distance between the two cities is 73km. From Samokov Bus Station, every sixty minutes, departs a shuttle bus to Borovets from sector 2. The distance is 12km. In Borovets, the shuttle bus stops in front of Hotel Samokov. On the way back to Samokov Bus Station, the shuttle departs from the Hotel Ela in Borovets.
From Sofia Airport to Sofia South Bus Station
- Take line 2 (blue) to Joliot Curie metro station. Exit in the direction of the crossroad of bul. Dragan Tsankovand Joliot Curie street . INTERPRED – World Trade Center Sofia will be on your right. Cross Joliot Curie, continue straight on bul. Dragan Tsankov( the subway train will be on your left ). In 5 min you will see the Sofia Sought Bus Station on your left.
From Sofia Central Bus/Train Station to Sofia South Bus Station
- Take metro line 1 (blue) direction Sofia Airport or Sofia Business Park. Take off on Joliot Curie station.
- Sofia – Samokov (every thirty minutes): The first bus departs at 07:00 AM, the last – at 20:00 PM.
- Samokov – Borovets (every sixty minutes): The first bus departs at 07:00 AM, the last – at 19:00 PM.
- In case you arrive after 19:00 PM in Samokov, you can take a taxi to Borovets. The price is approximately 6 euro.
- Phone number : +359 887 70 86 23 or call the organizer of the event for support
From Sofia by car
Head to Tsarigradsko Shose towards Gorublyane district. Take the exit and turn right to Samokovsko Shose. Head to Pancherevo , and follow the road E82 to Borovets. Or simply put “Borovets” in your maps/navigation and follow. 🙂
In case you are old-school and use physical maps you should follow these directions: Sofia – Gorublyane – Pancharevo – Samokov – Borovets.
Note: If you are coming by car – have in mind that you need a vignette sticker to drive in Bulgaria. It can be purchased from any gas station or online via the link blow. There will be available free parking spots at the camp location.
CURRENCY AND SHOPPING
The Bulgarian Lev is the currency of Bulgaria. The currency code for Lev is BGN, and the currency symbol is “лв”.
Тhe value of the lev has been pegged to the Euro, at a fixed rate of 1 EUR = 1.96 BGN. Prices in shops and restaurants should be divided by two in order to get them in Euro.
Everywhere you will pay in Lev, so change some money in the center of the city or use an ATM directly.
Sondre and Tanya (NOR/UKR)
They’ve started their partnership at Swing Aout Festival 2015 (Laroquebrou, France) and right after got invited to teach in Canada. Since then it rolled like a snowball with more and more invitations to teach and perform Boogie Woogie and Lindy-hop in different events around Europe. Apart from that they got involved into the international Boogie Woogie competition scene representing Norway. During 2016-2018 Sondre and Tanya have entered all finals in each competition. Their fast development made them win four World Cups, Nordic Championship and, most important, World Championship 2017 (Marseille, France). Win almost all competitions in the next years. Currently they decided to stop competing and become “The biggest YouTube Swing Dance Couple 2021” – Silver Button Holders
- World Champions 2017
- Vice World Champions 2018
- European Champions 2018, 2019
- Nordic Champions 2017, 2018
- Norwegian Champions 2017, 2018
- Two times SAP Final World Cup winners
- 10 World Cup wins all over the world including USA and Russia.
Andreas & Elsa (AUT)
Dance teachers, performers and competitors in Boogie Woogie
Andreas and Elsa started dancing in 2009. Since then they have been in the Austrian National Team ever since and competed in dozens of national and international competitions all over Europe. Right now they represent Austria at World Cups, European and World Championships and are 7 times reigning Austrian Champions and Cup Champions.
Together they run their own club since 2013 and have the most successful and biggest Boogie Woogie Club in Vienna, the capital city of Austria. In 2013 they started teaching on a regular basis in Austria and were soon invited to their first international camp. Since then they have the honor to teach in different places all over Europe.
- Top 10 WRRC World Ranking during 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Finalist (5th place) at WRRC World Cup Geneva 2021
- Finalist (7th place) at WRRC World Cup Prague 2021
- 2x Finalist at WRRC Online World Cup 2021
- Finalist (6th place) at WRRC World Cup Sochi 2019
- 7x Austrian Champions Boogie Woogie 2015-21
- 7x Austrian Cup Champions Boogie Woogie 2015-21
- 4x Viennese Champions Boogie Woogie 2018-21
Double room / Studio
The rooms have bathroom with shower, fridge & minibar, balcony, direct dial phone, satellite TV, safe. Free Wi-Fi available in the lobby.
2 people per room, so find yourselves a roommate.
If you sign up alone you will be put with other participants at random.
If you would like to participate only in the workshops and the parties or come only for a few days, we advise you to get the lowest price pass (Early Bird Full Pass) since there are no separate passes for just part of the camp. Everything – accommodation, food workshops, parties and the camp itself, is included in the price. The rest is up to you.
The current global situation makes organizing such an event extremely risky and difficult for us. However, we really love the boogie and that’s why there will be a Boogie Madness Superhero Edition this year! We hope that everything will be fine and the event will run normally, like always! However, we want to note once again here:
We are taking the situation seriously and will try to get every necessary actions to make the event as safe as possible for everyone! We will try to follow all COVID-19 measures required by Bulgarian government. Every participant of the event MUST have and show a valid green pass certificate on the registration desk. Have in mind that the regulations might change any time, which may affect safety requirements of the event.
In case that it is impossible to hold the event due to circumstances beyond our control, it would not be possible to refund the full amount of the price you paid for your pass. You would have to choose between these options:
- Enroll for the next year’s spring event (spring 2023)
- Free of fees for transfer of your pass to another person for the next years spring event (spring 2023)
- Partial refund – we will have to keep 50% of the total amount that will be already spent on fees and organization of the event
We believe that this will be another great edition of Boogie Madness and we are all looking forward to it.
This edition is the final option to use your BM10 Spring edition passes from 2020. If you want so, just register normally and add this code to your registration in “You want to add something?” section: “BM10 Spring 2020”
All pass prices are in EUR, per person and include:
- 3 nights in a double room/studio (depending on availability)
- 3 meals per day – breakfast, lunch and dinner (first day starting with dinner)
- 3 parties
- 8 workshops in selected level
- 1 Boogie Madness T-shirt
- Special surprise
This year there is possibility to join the event only for a single party! If you want this option – you should contact the organizer! The price is 10 EUR per party!
Early Bird PassFirst 30 registered.
Regular PassUntil 15 March 2022
Late Bird PassUntil 05 April 2022
Party PassSingle party
** PASS payments are non-refundable! Partial or full payments are not subject to refund.
*** If needed passes could be transferred. The fee for this action is 10 euro.