Bulgaria is a member of the EU and it is easily accessible from most parts of Europe. If you are coming from outside the EU, you might need a visa in order to enter the country. We advice you to check beforehand.
Traveling options are various – by plane, bus, train or car.
Note that you can also search for some additional flights through Skopje, North Macedonia (non-EU) or Thessaloniki, Greece (EU).
If you travel to Varna, Burgas, Skopje or Thessaloniki – make your way from there to Sofia and further organize the rest of the trip to Borovets by following the tips below.
From Sofia by bus
From Sofia Airport to Sofia South Bus Station
- Take line 2 (blue) to Joliot Curie metro station. Exit in the direction of the crossroad of bul. Dragan Tsankovand Joliot Curie street . INTERPRED – World Trade Center Sofia will be on your right. Cross Joliot Curie, continue straight on bul. Dragan Tsankov( the subway train will be on your left ). In 5 min you will see the Sofia Sought Bus Station on your left.
From Sofia Central Bus/Train Station to Sofia South Bus Station
- Take metro line 1 (blue) direction Sofia Airport or Sofia Business Park. Take off on Joliot Curie station.
- Sofia – Samokov (every thirty minutes): The first bus departs at 07:00 AM, the last – at 20:00 PM.
- Samokov – Borovets (every sixty minutes): The first bus departs at 07:00 AM, the last – at 19:00 PM.
- In case you arrive after 19:00 PM in Samokov, you can take a taxi to Borovets. The price is approximately 5 euro.
- Phone number : +359 887 70 86 23
From Sofia by car
In case you are old-school and use physical maps you should follow these directions: Sofia – Gorublyane – Pancharevo – Samokov – Borovets.
Note: If you are coming by car – have in mind that you need a vignette sticker to drive in Bulgaria. It can be purchased from any gas station or online via the link blow. There will be available free parking spots at the camp location.
CURRENCY AND SHOPPING
Тhe value of the leva has been pegged to the Euro, at a fixed rate of 1 EUR = 1.96 BGN. Prices in shops and restaurants should be divided by two in order to get them in Euro.
Everywhere you will pay in Lev, so change some money in the center of the city or use an ATM directly.
Grzegorz & Agnieszka Cherubiński
Agnieszka and Grzegorz are Boogie Woogie dancing siblings, who started to dance with each other in the beginning of 2009. Their first international success was in 2009 in Maribor, where they got the 5th place in the World Cup. But their career boomed in the April of 2011 when they started to break the scandinavian “monopoly” of final couples. They also managed to get the 3rd place in World Championship in Stuttgart 2011. They decided to end their career in 2016 reaching highest results in their lives, becoming European Champions and Vice World Champions.
Agnieszka and Grzegorz are giving their own style and new look to Boogie Woogie. Their dance is a combination of many different techniques with an extra touch of Polish style, which gives them a unique feeling. It is also said that they are not only good dancers but also excellent teachers.
The current global situation makes organizing such an event extremely risky and difficult for us. However, we really love the boogie and that’s why there will be a Boogie Madness Halloween edition this year! We hope that everything will be fine and the event will run normally, like the last one! However, we want to note once again here:
In case that it is impossible to hold the event due to circumstances beyond our control or if it is dangerous for you or us to hold the event, it would not be possible to refund the full amount of the price you paid for your pass. You would have to choose between these options:
- Enroll for the next year’s spring event (spring 2021)
- Free of fees for transfer of your pass to another person for the next years spring event (spring 2021)
- Partial refund – we will have to keep 50% of the total amount that will be already spent on fees and organization of the event
We believe that this will be another great edition of Boogie Madness and we are all looking forward to it.
All pass prices are in EUR, per person and include:
- 3 nights in a double room/studio (depending on availability)
- 3 meals per day – breakfast, lunch and dinner (first day starting with dinner)
- 3 parties
- 8 workshops in selected level (*mind the prelims)
- 1 Boogie Madness T-shirt
Early Bird PassFirst 50 registered.
Regular PassUntil 10/02/2020
Late Bird PassUntil 02/04/2020
Super Late Bird PassUntil 30/09/2020
** PASS payments are non-refundable! Partial or full payments are not subject to refund.
*** If needed passes could be transferred. The fee for this action is 10 euro.