Bulgaria is a member of the EU and it is easily accessible from most parts of Europe. If you are coming from outside the EU, you might need a visa in order to enter the country. We advice you to check beforehand.
Traveling options are various – by plane, bus, train or car.
Note that you can also search for some additional flights through Skopje, North Macedonia (non-EU) or Thessaloniki, Greece (EU).
If you travel to Varna, Burgas, Skopje or Thessaloniki – make your way from there to Sofia and further organize the rest of the trip to Borovets by following the tips below.
From Sofia by bus
From Sofia Airport to Sofia South Bus Station
- Take line 2 (blue) to Joliot Curie metro station. Exit in the direction of the crossroad of bul. Dragan Tsankovand Joliot Curie street . INTERPRED – World Trade Center Sofia will be on your right. Cross Joliot Curie, continue straight on bul. Dragan Tsankov( the subway train will be on your left ). In 5 min you will see the Sofia Sought Bus Station on your left.
From Sofia Central Bus/Train Station to Sofia South Bus Station
- Take metro line 1 (blue) direction Sofia Airport or Sofia Business Park. Take off on Joliot Curie station.
- Sofia – Samokov (every thirty minutes): The first bus departs at 07:00 AM, the last – at 20:00 PM.
- Samokov – Borovets (every sixty minutes): The first bus departs at 07:00 AM, the last – at 19:00 PM.
- In case you arrive after 19:00 PM in Samokov, you can take a taxi to Borovets. The price is approximately 5 euro.
- Phone number : +359 887 70 86 23
From Sofia by car
In case you are old-school and use physical maps you should follow these directions: Sofia – Gorublyane – Pancharevo – Samokov – Borovets.
Note: If you are coming by car – have in mind that you need a vignette sticker to drive in Bulgaria. It can be purchased from any gas station or online via the link blow. There will be available free parking spots at the camp location.
CURRENCY AND SHOPPING
Тhe value of the leva has been pegged to the Euro, at a fixed rate of 1 EUR = 1.96 BGN. Prices in shops and restaurants should be divided by two in order to get them in Euro.
Everywhere you will pay in Lev, so change some money in the center of the city or use an ATM directly.
William and Alice (ITA)
William Pisani and Alice Faraone (both from Milan) are members of the Italian National Team of Boogie-Woogie federation. They are Dancers and Instructors of Boogie-Woogie, West Coast Swing, and Lindy Hop in their Dance School “Benny’s Band” in Assago (Milan, Italy). They dance, since they were 9 years old, and dance together, in couple, for 9 years now.
- Winner of the Italian Championship in Junior Class of Boogie-Woogie in 2011.
- Winner of the “Coppa Italia” (Italian Boogie-Woogie Cup) for two seasons: 2013/2014 and 2014/2015, and
- Italian Championship in Main Class of Boogie Woogie for three years: in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
They represent Italy also abroad, in International competitions as World Championship and European Championship. They have reached finals in 6 different World Master of Boogie Woogie: Lyon 2011, Ginevra 2012, Wintherthur and Rimini 2015. Rimini 2017 and an incredible 2nd place at the World Master of Stuttgart in 2017. At the Italian Open of West Coast Swing we arrived in 4th place performing our personal Showcase routine. Winner of the title: World Couple Dance in Turin in 2 different disciplines: West Coast Swing and in Jitterbug (Boogie-Woogie Showcase).
In 2018 they stopped competing because Alice injured the knee, but they spent a lot of their time practicing and developing their Lindy Hop skills participating in different festivals, (also as teachers) and taking part in social competitions. In 2019 they won the Italian Championship in Main Class in Boogie-Woogiе and started competing again.
The current global situation makes organizing such an event extremely risky and difficult for us. However, we really love the boogie and that’s why there will be a Boogie Madness Halloween edition this year! We hope that everything will be fine and the event will run normally, like the last one! However, we want to note once again here:
In case that it is impossible to hold the event due to circumstances beyond our control or if it is dangerous for you or us to hold the event, it would not be possible to refund the full amount of the price you paid for your pass. You would have to choose between these options:
- Enroll for the next year’s spring event (spring 2021)
- Free of fees for transfer of your pass to another person for the next years spring event (spring 2021)
- Partial refund – we will have to keep 50% of the total amount that will be already spent on fees and organization of the event
We believe that this will be another great edition of Boogie Madness and we are all looking forward to it.
All pass prices are in EUR, per person and include:
- 3 nights in a double room/studio (depending on availability)
- 3 meals per day – breakfast, lunch and dinner (first day starting with dinner)
- 3 parties
- 8 workshops in selected level (*mind the prelims)
- 1 Boogie Madness T-shirt
Early Bird PassFirst 50 registered.
Regular PassUntil 10/02/2020
Late Bird PassUntil 02/04/2020
Super Late Bird PassUntil 30/09/2020
** PASS payments are non-refundable! Partial or full payments are not subject to refund.
*** If needed passes could be transferred. The fee for this action is 10 euro.